Work experience placements at WCG
Work experience for unemployed people (either on JSA or ESA). A choice of 2 programmes are offered, depending on the needs of the participant:
1. 8 weeks x 3 short days a week (total of 15 hours per week)
2. 8 weeks x every Tuesday 11-3pm
Both placements will include hands on learning and employability skills in areas to suit the needs of the participant. Work can include:
• General garden maintenance (including use of garden machinery);
• Commercial food growing, harvesting, weighing and packing.(including veg, fruit, flowers and herbs)
• Plant nursery and propagation and wildlife gardening.
• Customer service and retail.
• Hard landscaping and garden carpentry
• Community and care type experience assisting with different groups currently active at the project.(i.e. pre-school, children, well-being /mental health, people with learning difficulties and other vulnerable adult groups).
Participants will also be offered 1 to 1 supervisions; health and safety, manual handling and fire safety training. Some may be able to undertake further training in first aid, safeguarding, Food hygiene and other courses run at the project.
Work experience for school students:
1 week placements organised through EKBP.
Other placements suited to the needs of organisations and clients can be arranged.
Please email Jules.email@example.com